I’m a busy, working mom of two. Since my son’s diagnosis of Aspergers syndrome, I have become passionate about living a simpler, more natural lifestyle. I enjoy converting our favorite recipes into gluten-free, dairy-free masterpieces and making nutritionally dense recipes from real food to nourish my family.
I love reading, learning, writing and I experience indescribable joy from helping other moms with special needs kids. I juggle my time between studying God’s Word, being a wife, a cub scout and soccer mom, and my job as a Family Dentist in Simi Valley, California.
When a free moment arises, I blog here about faith, nutritious recipes that are gluten-free, casein-free (and other “-free”) and raising a child with Aspergers Syndrome.
Random stuff about me:
- I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. However, when my parents, Italian immigrants, tired of the snow, we moved to Southern California to soak in the sunshine. If Chicago had SoCal’s weather, it would be the perfect place to live.
- I still root for all the Chicago teams (Cubs, Bears, Bulls…White Sox – not so much).
- In February 2010, I went to Uganda, Africa to provide charitable dentistry to orphans in remote areas of the African bush. I extracted teeth outside, in the rain, using my dental pliers and a flashlight.
- I’m into eating healthy but sometimes, I just need a cheese pizza and a diet coke.
- I have had one of my emails read on the air by Bill O’Reilly of the O’Reilly Factor.
- I am a writer for Autism Parenting Magazine.
- I am a contributor for Fabio Viviani’s Kitchen Academy Magazine.
- As an experiment, I wrote a small ebook and published it. So far it’s had over 6000 downloads since June 2013. It’s about Aloe Vera and Autism and it’s FREE.
- People keep asking me about how I use nutrition to help my son. So now I’m writing more ebooks. My latest ebook EAT An Italian Mother’s Guide to Going Casein-free in Autism Spectrum Disorders is now available on Amazon.
- Subscribe to this blog to know when my next book gets published. (Coming soon: Going Gluten-free, Leaky Gut Syndrome in Autism)
- I’m a busy mom. If you are too, you might be interested in my other passion: Being Still: A Busy Mom’s Guide to Experiencing God’s Rest.
- I love sharing all the tips and news that comes across my virtual desk. You can find a lot of additional information by joining me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
To review this blog’s comment policy, click here.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product as a result of clicking through one of the links, your cost will be the same but SharingMom may receive a small commission. This helps to cover the maintenance of this site and keeps your subscription free. Thank you for your support!