Today’s guest post is written by Kerry Garagliano, who sings the praises of Young Living Essential Oils. I asked her to tell us how she discovered these essential oils and how they might benefit you, my readers. I would love to hear if you use essential oils with your child.
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for their medicinal, cosmetic, and emotionally uplifting properties. Young Living Essential Oils are pure, organic, therapeutic grade and therefore are also safe to ingest. The Young Living company actually grows their own plants so they can assure that they are organic and have a “seed to seal” guarantee with every bottle.
Young Living has always been at the forefront of bringing this ancient tradition to modern users, introducing millions to a mind/body wellness they may never have thought possible. Primarily extracted through careful steam distillation, but also through cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful and effective than dry herbs, delivering quick and effective results.
I first learned about this line of oils from a family member. My cousin had just started using them and she was able to stop taking allergy medications altogether. As a long time sinusitis sufferer, this piqued my interest!
I had been having profound sinus issues for few years to the point where all of my sinus cavities were completely blocked and antibiotics and allergy medications just weren’t working anymore. Six months after sinus surgery to alleviate some symptoms, I had three additional sinus infections. I was beyond frustrated and wanting to try other alternatives.
These oils have been a blessing in my life! I’m happy to say that I haven’t had a sinus infection since I started using the oils therapeutically!
The oils can help with so many other issues, some of which may help your child:
– Headaches & sinus pressure? Rub Peppermint on forehead for instant relief
– Trouble sleeping? Diffuse Peace & Calming (one of Young Living’s blends) to sleep through the night.
– Anxiety & tension issues? Rub Valor (another Young Living blend) on the back of the neck.
– Diaper rash? Lavender can help!
– Bee sting or mosquito bite? Lavender & Purification will help the sting, swelling & itching.
– Need help focusing? Diffuse Clarity or rub on temples & wrists to restore mental alertness.
– Lack motivation? Diffuse Motivation or apply to the big toe to move toward a positive direction.
– Upset stomach or acid reflux? Ingest Peppermint for adults, or rub on child’s stomach
– Depressed? Diffuse or apply Joy topically to bring joy to the heart.
– Stressed? Add a couple of drops of Stress-Away to your water or apply topically to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
It is important to note that if you purchase an essential oil at a health store (that are not Young Living Essential Oils brand) do NOT ingest them because they have chemicals and other ingredients that aren’t safe for internal use.
There are so many oils for so many ailments—lowering cholesterol, bug repellant, acne, blood sugar, diabetes, ADD, colic, etc—use your imagination & there’s an oil for that! If you would like to find out more, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kerry Garagliano lives in Thousand Oaks, CA with her husband and three-year-old son. She is an Executive Marketing Communications Manager at Sage Publications, where she’s worked for over 15 years. During this time, she received her bachelors of science at California Lutheran University in Business Management and an MBA from California State University, Channel Islands.